What is Medical Thermography?
Medical Thermography is a method that uses an infrared camera to take pictures of the body, without touch and without radiation. The infrared camera makes the body's heat patterns visible in colour in a completely safe and painless way, to one hundredth of a degree. From these heat patterns doctors can derive physiological changes in the body.
Thermography can be used if, among other things, you already have;
- If you have a diagnosis, then thermography can provide additional information;
- Finding unknown causes in cases of pain, for example, so that further research can be done;
- To detect early developing diseases before they cause symptoms;
- To monitor the healing process.
Blood flow in the skin is controlled by the sympathetic nervous system.
In healthy people the symmetrical skin tempertatures are stable and reproducible.
We bring this into focus by means of medical thermography with a temperature sensitivity of 0.1 ℃.
For example, breast thermography is concerned with the physiological changes associated with breast pathology.
The specially trained physicians (thermologists) of the American College of Clinical Thermography (ACCT) use special software to read and interpret these digital images and have years of experience.
These doctors put their findings in a report, which you will receive from me by email approximately one week after the appointment.
This report includes a thermographic interpretation and a risk classification (including a Dutch translation)but no diagnosis.
Thermography Amsterdam is the only provider of thermography in the Netherlands that uses a patented method developed especially for this purpose. thermal camera, not just for pretty pictures.
Much more important "optimally reproducible photos" in time!
Breast Thermography is suitable for all women of all ages.
Ideally, you should start monitoring your breast health around age 25.
One of the reasons we only receive a call for mammography at the age of 50 is because the breast tissue before that is still very dense (contains a lot of glandular tissue) and therefore does not provide clear images.
With thermography, it is possible to observe changes at an early stage. Your own doctor or specialist can, if desired, discuss further steps with you based on this information.
Or even better, you start working proactively! As an oromolecular therapist, I am happy to help you with this.
Medical Thermography at Thermography Amsterdam is;
- Non-invasive (incriminating). No physical contact by man or device takes place.
- It's safe. There is no radiation involved. A 'heat photo' of your body is taken.
- Very precise. Specially developed medical equipment is used for this purpose.
- Professional. The thermographer (me in this case, who takes the thermographic pictures) has undergone thorough training and is certified as Clinical Thermographer Level II.
- The thermologists who interpret the recordings are medical doctors certified by the American College of Clinical Thermology.
- Suitable for women (and men) of any age.
- Empathic. You come first with me as a human being.
- Easy to reach. We have parking in front of the door and public transport stops at the corner!
Why Medical Thermography?
Medical thermography has proven to be a safe, early-risk marker of breast abnormalities.
It is also an excellent method for monitoring the progress and treatment of breast disease.
Reasons why medical thermography is appealing to more and more women are;
- No harmful radiation
- Great accuracy
- Early detection
- Exclusions interpreted by doctors/thermologists *only at Thermography-Amsterdam!
- Painless - no pressure, no contact
- Suitable for everyone
- Monitoring during/after treatments
Medical Thermography offers women of any age the opportunity for early detection of the subtle physiological changes associated with breast pathology.
Medical thermography is also suitable for women with small breasts, breast implants or with mastectomies.
High-risk patients can be closely monitored so that any treatment can be carried out sooner.
Medical Thermography allows you to take matters into your own hands: no referral is required for this safe and accurate method.
Examination by medical thermography is suitable for:
- Men and women of all ages.
- Anyone who values prevention.
- All breasts (large, small, amputated or with implants)
- Anyone who does not want to expose themselves unnecessarily to harmful radiation
- Who wants monitoring during and after a treatment.
How does thermography work?
- After making your first appointment you will receive a confirmation by email followed by an intake form a few days before the appointment.
- During the appointment your medical history and possible complaints will be briefly discussed with you.
- Then we will take pictures. Depending on the type of appointment this will take about five to fifteen minutes.
- Taking breast photos is similar to taking a passport photo, but of your breasts 😉 .
- You feel nothing of this and there is also no radiation.
- After about a week you will receive a report from the doctor via email including a Dutch translation.
- Should the first report give rise to any explanation or further investigation, you will be contacted personally for this purpose before you receive the report.
Breast Thermography: Second visit for a baseline
- To create a baseline three months after the first thermogram made a second appointment.
- After which, after about a week, you will receive the second report from the doctor.
- Again, we will contact you personally first if necessary.
What does thermography cost?
Despite the fact that I work with the most expensive thermography camera and the accompanying physician network of the ACCT, I have made it my personal mission to keep thermography as inexpensive as possible.
View the price list