- Often we think I get out enough...
- There are so many complaints that arise from a lack of vitamin D
- Why is vitamin D so important to our health?
Often we think I get out enough...
Or I'm already taking it...
I thought so too.
Summer 2017 I did a blood analysis training at Natura Foundation And then have my own values checked. I'm always my own test subject 😉 .
This showed that I had a D-value of 80. Not bad, but I would have liked it to be a little higher. So I took a dose of vitamin D every now and then, varying between 5000 and 10,000.
Seems okay, doesn't it?
I have also been to a sunny country three times.
So the D was fine... you'd think.
At the end of 2017 I started vitamin D testing in my practice. And as you can imagine the first prick was on me.... I repeated this three times. In fact, I measured a value of 19 up to three times!!!
Thought the unit was not doing it right. Got in touch with the supplier and discussed this value.
Then I had it checked again elsewhere.
And yes it was.... I was in SHOCK!!!
So I would have had a drop from 80 to 19 in a few months despite supplementation and sun holidays... Yes so!!!
That's why I would like to advise you not to just take your medicine, but also to measure it, because "measuring is knowing" and then to supplement the right dosage.
Afterwards, a few things became very clear to me like:
- Persistent muscle discomfort
- A zinc content that remained too low
- Gum disease (and we know where those can lead, see the Periodontitis scan ) despite vitamin C, Q10, oilpulling and collogen etc.
Okay, now what? With this data, I started supplementing very high D. I'm not going to tell you how much. You're not supposed to do this without proper guidance.
Also my calcium level (which I monitor with the VitaK meter) went up in my blood. And calcifications you don't want that either 😉 .
And yes finally, my zinc value (which I monitor with the OligoScan) is also well balanced again.
There are so many complaints that arise from a lack of vitamin D
Vitamin D is a pre-hormone for the production of hormones. It is a raw material for the production of hormones.
Some symptoms may include:
- An increased the risk of inflammation but it also increases the inflammatory activity in the body if there is already inflammation. Read more about this in a blog from Rineke Dijkinga. These inflammations can be observed well with Thermography
- Autoimmune complaints such as Thyroid problems such as Thryroiditis Hashimoto and Graves there is even a link to thyroid cancer.
- Frequent flu and colds
- Weight problems/ bone fractures/ Osteoporosis
- A lack of energy, depressed, tired and listless feeling
- Bleeding gums
- Sore muscles and/or joints / tremors, cramps in the muscles
Development of cancer
Several studies have clearly shown that vitamin D can partially prevent cancer from developing. Since most cancers start with inflammationsSo, first of all, it's important to counteract these inflammations.
Besides a good resistance the presence of vitamin D also plays an important role.
Several studies have been done on the effect of vitamin D on the development of cancer, and the unanimous conclusion was that vitamin D is the most preventive for colon cancer. In addition, there is an influence on breast cancer and prostate cancer. Source Optimal Health and the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
Why is vitamin D so important to our health?
- Repair and maintenance of DNA and gene regulation in cells: vitamin D helps against cancer and cardiovascular disease, among other things.
- Strong immune system: People who get enough vitamin D are less likely to get colds and flu. Source: Jesse van der Velde
- Low serum vitamin D levels are associated with an increased risk of autoimmune diseases and several types of malignancies, including prostate, colon, and breast cancer. Source: Dutch Journal of Medicine
- New research from January 2018 suggests: Regular doses of Vitamin D could prevent the risk of developing cancer. Link here: (English).
- On the website kanker-actueel it says behind this link a new article with the title: Vitamin D as a cancer prevention: Large review of 63 observational studies shows an average of 20 to 50 times less risk of breast, ovarian, prostate and colon cancer from natural vitamin D production.
- The reverse is also described the article behind this link on Voedingonline.nl with the title:
A low vitamin D status increases risk of cancer
In short I can give you a whole list of complaints but you probably know that because the internet is full of them.
Have your vitamin D level tested
You can have your vitamin D tested during a visit to us and find out the result immediately.